Malvika Subba(July 19, 1981) is a Miss Nepal, Nepalese media personality, beauty queen, television host, actress, social activists and entrepreneur. She was born in Dharan of Nepal. She had been blessed with 5’6” of height. Though, Nepalese gets Miss Nepal every year, all of them are not able to maintain their popularity for long time. Malvika Subba is the one with same craze and same popularity for about this 2 decades. Her father is a policeman and mother is a nurse.
Malvika passed her +2 from Galaxy College in Kathmandu. She is the BBA graduate. She had also graduated with ‘Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism’ from Kantipur City College.
Miss Nepal 2002
Malvika Subba crowned as Miss Nepal 2002 on December 7, 2002. The pageant was held on Birendra International Convocation Center in Kathmandu of Nepal. She had also won Miss Best Personality, Miss Best Hair and Miss Talent awards in several pageants. Malvika had been interested to participate in Miss Nepal since 1994. Her dream came true after 8 years along with title.
Malvika Subba believed in dreaming, doing and achieving. She was interested in social work from an early age. Thus, she actively participated in social activities and social initiatives. Besides, She had worked for Voice of India, MTV EXIST as Ambassador for human trafficking in 2008. She had associated with Youth Spoken Person for Hunger Free Campaign 2007. She had also involved in HIV/AIDS Youth Leader 2006-2009.
She had involved in different organizations and businesses. Some of them are enlisted below:
- CEO of Idea Studio Nepal since 2016.
- Host/Consultant on Idea Studio Season 2 TV Show in 2016
- Host of Idea Studio Season 1 TV Show in 2014
- Executive Producer of Nepali Movie ‘How Funny’ in the year 2014
- Editor at WAVE Magazine from March 2013 to September 2013.
- Goodwill Ambassador at Care Nepal in 2013
- Goodwill Ambassador at Child Reach Nepal from 2013-2016.
- Professional Emcee of shows and events
- Had own Retail clothing store with in-house designers.
- Trainer of Personality Development and Public Speaking.
- Co-Founder and Board Member of Himalayan Climate Initiative (HCI) (Present).
- Co-Founder and Creative Director of House of Alternative Apparel Pvt. Ltd, 2010- 2013.
- Editor at Navyaata Magazine- March-October 2011.
TV Programs and Shows
Malvika Subba had started her TV career in 2001 with Divya Drishti Channel. Besides, she was too popular among Nepalese from the show ‘Call-Kantipur’. The show used to be telecasted in National Channel Kantipur.
Malvika Subba had debuted in drama in 2008. She debuted from the drama ‘Hamri Shiwani’. Besides, she had worked in India-Nepal joint venture movie ‘God Lives in Himalayans’ which was produced by Sunil Thapa. But, the movie had not released yet. She had also performed in ‘Good Bye Kathmandu’.
Malvika earns more from professional business rather than from Cinema Industry. Though she had not played more number of movies, she had involved in different photo-shoots. She earns from her own business and shares.
- She Crowned as Miss Nepal 2002.
- Malvika had won Miss Best Personality title.
- She was Awarded Miss Best Hair title.
- Malvika had won Miss Talent title as she was the deserving one.
Malvika Subba had various affairs before met to Riyaz Shrestha. But, she never committed to the steady relationship till that day. She met with Riyaz Shrestha for the first time in the USA in 2009. After that, the second meeting in 2011 at Kathmandu helped them to start a new relationship. They were in date for six months. Then after, they decided to take their relationship to next level. Finally, they both tight the knot on 25th April 2012. They have a son Zayir Rio Subba Shrestha.
Click here to see more.